I am so excited to finally get started on this diet/lifestyle! I have been reading about the raw food diet for months and figured it would be too difficult to even attempt. However, after asking some raw food-ists in the community and doing my own bit of research, I found that eating raw isn't as hard as I had imagined. Hopefully I can stick with it! I made the commitment to myself on Saturday to eat raw, and I haven't gone a full day 100% raw yet. It's only Tuesday so I'm giving myself some time to adapt and purchase all the necessary items to make this work.
Even though it's only Tuesday, I have been noticing a subtle difference in my attitude and level of energy. I'm becoming more positive overall, I've calmed down about the little things that usually aggravate me or stress me out. Although my lack of sleep has made waking up difficult, my energy levels are noticeably better throughout the day.
Also, the cleansing mentality has helped clear my head and made me more motivated to get things done. I am now not only cleansing my body, but my mind... and even my house!
I spent over an hour alone at Whole Foods searching for ingredients such as raw sesame tahini and raw flax oils, discovering that the store has an entire section just for raw foods. It's as easy as that! I didn't have to search every corner of the store for obscure oils and condiments.
When I got home, I decided to use a recipe from Raw Foods For Busy People by Jordan Maerin, and made these delicious Nirvana bars :)
I can't wait to try them out tomorrow!
To conclude, finishing up this week will be quite an experience. I am eager to see how eating raw will affect me in the long run!
Good night and have a great day tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment